The heroes came together this week, first for a wedding and then to stop an invasion from an alternate, Nazi-controlled Earth-X. But which of our heroes had the best week? Let’s find out!
Unlike our usual set-up for the power rankings, Joe and I recapped the each night of the CRISIS ON EARTH X crossover as one big episode. Be sure to check out NIGHT ONE – featuring Supergirl and Arrow – and NIGHT TWO recaps – featuring The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow – before proceeding with out Week 8 Power Rankings. And because all four shows featured characters from each franchise, we’ve decided to take the Top 10s from each night and use those as a guide for this week’s edition.
Each ranking spot will be assigned a point total (10 points for first place, down to 1 point for 10th), and character point totals will be accumulated throughout the season. At the end of the season, we will crown our ARROWVERSE Power Ranking champion!
Let’s take a look at how things played out in Week 8:
- Oliver Queen / Green Arrow – Back under the hood as Green Arrow, Oliver once again served as the leader of the collected team of heroes, organizing plans across two Earths to take down the Nazis from Earth X. And in the end, he gets the girl and marries Felicity. (10 points)
- Kara Danvers / Supergirl – Kara serves as the muscle for the team, going toe-to-toe with an evil doppelganger. When she’s captured and placed under a red sun to weaken her, she still manages to step up to try and save Felicity. Without her, this gambit is lost. (9 points)
- Barry Allen / The Flash – His first attempt at a wedding with Iris may have been interrupted by evil Nazis from Earth X, but through it all, Barry kept a positive attitude and kept running to save the day. He even chose to spare the Reverse Flash, virtually guaranteeing a future encounter. And in the end, he even got to say I do. (8 points)
- Martin Stein – If you’re going to go out, this was the way to do it. On Earth X, Martin broke off from Firestorm partner Jefferson to activate the Gateway and ends up taking some bullets. Knowing that his connection to Jefferson was the only thing keeping him alive (and killing his partner), Martin makes the decision to separate, ending his life. (7 points)
- Caitlin Snow / Killer Frost – When fighting a totalitarian invaders, it helps to have someone a little cold-blooded, and Killer Frost certainly fit the bill. Both sides of Caitlin’s personality were crucial in taking down the Nazis with both Killer Frost’s ice powers and Caitlin’s vast intellect. (6 points)
- Sara Lance / White Canary – Sara starts the crossover by hooking up with Supergirl’s sister and spends the rest of the crossover kicking Nazi ass. (5 points)
- Mick Rory / Heat Wave – Heat Wave was reunited (kind of) with his former partner when Earth X’s heroic version of Captain Cold showed up to help out. His interactions with everyone this week lightened the mood considerably during tense moments. (4 points)
- Jefferson Jackson – It’s a rough beat, losing your partner to Nazis. Jefferson had a tough time of things overall, as he first had to deal with Martin trying to give him spider powers, and then Jefferson was used as life support for his dying partner. Jefferson probably had the toughest task of all the heroes, in telling Martin’s family that he had died. (3 points)
- Ray Palmer / The Atom – Ray was absent for the first half of the crossover, but when he showed up on night two, he made an immediate impact, as he was essential to rescuing Kara from the Nazis. (2 points)
- Iris West – The would-be bride served as the heart of the team throughout the crossover, and even managed to take some Nazis out herself while sneaking around STAR Labs with Felicity. And in the end, she gets the guy and says “I do” too. (1 point)
The overall Top 10 saw a considerable amount of movement this week, though Top Dog Barry Allen continues to (ahem) run away with it after a strong showing this week. Only one tie this week down at the bottom, as it keeps the Top 10 as a Top 12. Let’s take a look at who’s been most impressive overall to the Geekery Power Rankings team:
- Barry Allen / The Flash – 41 points
- Cisco Ramon / Vibe – 32 points
- Kara Danvers / Supergirl – 27 points
- Mick Rory / Heat Wave – 23 points
- Oliver Queen / Green Arrow – 22 points
- Dinah Drake / Black Canary – 20 points
- Sara Lance / White Canary – 19 points
- Harry Wells – 18 points
- (tie) Curtis Holt / Mr. Terrific, John Diggle, Iris West, Jefferson Jackson – 17 points
What did you think of this week’s episodes? Who was on top of your personal power rankings for the week? Let us know in the comments and be sure to come back next week to see how our heroes (and villains) fare!